Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reading Material

I've decided that it's time to start reading again. Not just books that I feel like I should read so that I'll learn something deeply spiritual or books that would push my level of religious intellect towards that of Jonathan's. No, I'm reading books that bring joy to my heart, laughter to my lips and tears to my eyes. My Regent spouse's group (going strong since Sept. '07) has ditched 'Celebrating the Disciplines' because, sadly, we're just not disciplined enough to get through it. In its place is 'Cold Tangerines', which offers a refreshing look at the discipline of celebration (so there IS a discipline that we 'get'!), seeking out ways to celebrate God's touches of His light that he He pours out into the everyday...if only we look. I've also started 'Operating Instructions' by Anne Lamott, a gift from a friend now that my life involves a little guy of my own. Delving into these books has renewed the passion for reading that I must have lost after an overdose of Francine Rivers on spring break in college one year. Hopefully this new relationship will last.

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving cold tangerines :)
    We have a blog too
    cunneensincanada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete